The programme features a comprehensive range of design theories and techniques and interior design knowledge, with an aim to sharpen students’ competitiveness for future careers or studies and hone the professional skills and lay a good foundation of interior design for students who aspire to work in the related fields. With the rapid development of science and technology, students not only need to understand traditional design skills, but also to master technology and media. In this course, students have the opportunity to access brand-new computer design software and integrate different design elements such as material application in design projects, space planning, etc. to develop creativity and design talents.
- Professional Programme Content: The programme covers professional interior spacing design, computer graphics, material application, smart home and innovative technology, etc. It focuses on training students’ professional skills and approaches in interior design
- Software at Industrial-used Level: AutoCAD, SketchUp, VRay, BIM, etc. are commonly and widely used in the industry, students will show their works via VR(Virtual Reality) software.
- Professional Equipment: HKCT provides professional interior design devices and equipment such as 3D printer and laser cutting machine.
- Career Oriented: The programme emphasizes knowledge and skills application. Students have opportunities to use professional equipment and software.
- Internship: Internships will be arranged for students at different interior design companies / relevant overseas organizations to enhance graduates' employability in the design industry
- No Written Assessment: Students’ result is assessed by projects and assignments.
- Professional Teaching Team: Lecturers and tutors are all professional designers and / or architects who have participated in different interior design and construction projects (please refer to “Star Teachers” for more details)
- Membership Recognition: Students and graduates are eligible to apply for student membership of Hong Kong Design Association (HKDA) and junior designer membership of Hong Kong Interior Design Association (HKIDA) respectively.
- Community Art
- Design and Aesthetics
- Spatial Planning
- Smart Home and Eco-Design
- Model Making
- Building Service & Maintenance
- Materials Application
- Building Information Modelling
- Residential Interior Design
- Commercial Interior Design