This course aims to provide students to understand the current popular music production, from performance, creation, mixing and recording to promotion, related theories and skills. The course not only enhances students' interest in related discipline, but also enhance their career-related competencies, such as generic skills, critical thinking, interpersonal skills and nurture positive values and attitudes. It will definitely help them to prepare for further studies, career development and life-long learning.
- Field visits to professional studios, visit to performance venue and meeting with music producers and professionals, so as to deepen students' understanding of the music industry;
- Use professional music software and hardware for music creation in a professional studio, so as to further understand the knowledge and skills required in the industry;
- Students appreciate local and international popular music in different periods, and compare different song styles to create their own music and performance style; students create their own music for individual or group performance and sketch an online marketing strategy plan to promote the music project.
- Introduction to Pop Music (30 hours)
- Knowledge of Pop Music Performance (40 hours)
- Basic Pop Music Creation (50 hours)
- Mixing and Recording Skills (40 hours)
- Pop Music Promotion (20 hours)