Higher Diploma in Creative Design and Media (Visual Communication) features a comprehensive range of design theories and techniques and communication knowledge, with an aim to sharpen students’ competitiveness for future careers or studies, aspiring students who would like to join the creative design industry and designed to hone their professional skills and lay a good foundation of design. Students will take grasp of media and technology knowledge and use the latest computer software, design applications and audio-visual equipment, which effectively put their creativity and design talent into play.
- Professional Programme Content: The curriculum covers design and colour theories, imaging visualization, graphics, interactive media design, etc.
- Catering Market Demands: The programme equips students with professional design techniques and creative thinking methods, trains up students to analyze business market intelligence before coming up with design solutions catering the market demand.
- Diverse Opportunities: The programme offers a wide range of opportunities for students to gain design experience. The students can participate in activities like business projects, mural painting, industrial sharing, overseas exchange, etc.
- Software at Industrial Level: The programme includes different professional design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, 3D Studio Max, etc.
- No Written Assessment: Students are assessed by professional practice and project assignments.
- Career Oriented: The programme is career-oriented which emphasizes practical and applied learning, students could have more opportunities to use professional equipment and software.
- Small Class Teaching: Lectures are conducted in small class size, students could receive more individual attention.
- Membership Recognition: Students are eligible to apply for student membership of Hong Kong Design Association (HKDA)
- Creative Thinking
- Digital Media and Design Appreciation
- Typography Application
- 3D Imaging
- Introduction to Audio Visual Imaging
- Photography and Art Direction
- Project Development and Presentation
- Interactive Media Practice
- Branding Identity Design
- Advertising and Promotion Design
- Final Project (Visual Communication)
Mok Tsz Ki (JKE M)
Founder and Design Director of OHH!MY LAB
JKE has won over 30 local and international design awards. He and his team have done over 800 design projects and over 350 branding projects. Some of the clients in recent years are Disney, Nike, Leica, Canon, IKEA, CASETIFY, Facesss, OLAY, DBS, ZENYUM, Pampers, Rimmel London, K-11, TWINS, Tsui Wah, GEOX, Hang Heung, Fox TV and BMW, etc.