A University of Sunderland Art and Design master degree is an opportunity to develop your skills and push the boundaries of your creativity, while also establishing the foundations of a rewarding career.
Research is an extremely important part of the Sunderland School of Art and Design and it forms the content of this course. We use a variety of teaching and learning methods that include lectures, seminars, critiques, workshops and practical demonstrations supported by a range of guest speakers from diverse academic and industry backgrounds.
- The MA Design certificate is awarded by UK University of Sunderland
- The University of Sunderland was ranked 12th in the Courses and Lecturers category of the Whatuni Student Choice Awards in 2019
- Elements of research in Art and Design in Sunderland was judged to be 'world-leading' by the latest Research Excellence Framework
- Sunderland has a number of specialized research groups such as in new media, photography, fine art, and design
- Design student will have access to industry standard resources at HKCT and HK Productivity Council to use the fabrication resources