Computers and the Internet have become part of our daily lives. The emergence of various social media platforms facilitated the birth of the new "Social Media and Digital Marketing" model.
Compared with traditional marketing, Social Media and Digital Marketing lowers cost, improves interaction, facilitates response, and has wider dissemination, without time and geographical restrictions. Hence social media and digital marketing have become a crucial part of the marketing plan in the internet economy and the real economy.
This programme provides professional training in social media and digital marketing and lays a solid foundation for building up students' essential and transferable skills in the industry.
Students can also build up professional knowledge in the industry through internship, practical training, workshops, company visits, and exchange programs with local/oversea institutions in order to prepare for their future development.
- The programme emphasizes both theory and practice, it is taught by professional teachers who have related industry work experience. Besides professional subjects, general studies and language training are also emphasized
- Through close relations with industry and professional bodies, different visits or activities are held to broaden students' horizons and exposure to industry trends
- Students have opportunities to participate in local and international seminars, company visits and exchange programmes to broaden their perspective
- Digital Display Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Optimization (SEO)
- Marketing Research in the Digital Age
- Mobile and Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Metric and Evaluation
- Strategic Content Marketing
- Introduction to Big Data
- Innovation and Information Technology in Society